Tuesday 17 June 2014

Finding inspiration amongst the mundane…….





Among or amongst? ……huh...I checked and surprisingly there is no difference between the two other than the fact ‘among’ is Old English and ‘amongst’ is Middle English…. so really it’s just a matter of the writer’s acoustic sensibilities….. um….. I'm sorry….. SEE WHAT I MEAN?!? Obviously I’m scrounging for inspiration….I mean…among or amongst? Come on now…

so I’ve sat down and started about four posts since my last one…. I’ve attempted banter about wwoofers, eggs, potato bugs and Bella…. I’ve listened intently on Farmer Luke’s downloads throughout the day hoping for a morsel of ‘something’ for which I can just jump on the tangent train….but nothin’…..nothin’! My lack of inspiration of course could simply be the result of something I call ‘beginning of market season haze’… After the first few weeks of market season…. weekends become a blur….. you beg for muscle memory to ease the transition smoothly…. 6 a.m. on Saturday morning IS normal….. 6 a.m. on Saturday morning IS humane… 6 a.m. on Saturday morning IS good for you…… when in actual fact 6 a.m. on Saturday morning IS like a big warm bear hug that lingers a bit too long….. OK…. yes... you get the picture….. I’m clearly off the adrenaline of ‘YAY MARKET SEASON!!’ and ‘it’s a well rehearsed play’... blah blah blah….. the reality is I’m staring at a 21 week run and it’s a soldout house every single weekend!!! ….so ‘transition’ is putting it mildly….. of course, layer that with not having any right to complain as Farmer Luke is up at 5 a.m. on Saturday, 6 a.m. Monday through Friday and 7 a.m. on Sunday….he wins! Of course I wasn’t attempting to beat him….

SEE?!? I mean mundane right!.....I'm talking about our sleeping patterns for crying out loud (hahaha ~ I totally heard my mom in me right now!) 

It’s Tuesday and I’m already planning for Saturday having just gotten off from Sunday…. that’s one day off folks…. and it wasn’t off…. oh no!… it was full of case digesting, telephone calls, letter writing and accounting… I know what you are thinking… “what’s not inspiring about that?!” ….YUP… not even my sarcasm is colourful…. I’m just blah…. BUT FRET NOT everything picks up a bit around bean season (which incidentally is just around the corner)… by then the overload of kale in our diet has kicked in and we get a second wind!

So here’s hoping for a renegade chicken just before Thursday’s harvest….

come on chicken....give me SOMETHING to work with!!
.....or maybe we can rehash an oldie but a goodie as Farmer Luke attempts the canoe fishing trip again this evening with our Austrian WWOOFer (I kid you not!... it's now the 'canoe fishing challenge')….. 

 
a mundane photo of Mr. Tippy Canoe

.....or perhaps something inspiring will burst forth from the kale patch…..    

KALE! .... I can hardly contain myself....ok I AM excited about kale chips!
.....stay-tuned folks as it can only get better than this!

 




No comments:

Post a Comment