Monday 10 February 2014

the draw of the blog ~ it's not just about facebook status updates anymore....way to EXPLODE my internal dialogue!

since facebook have you ever caught yourself thinking in 'status updates' ?? ~ by this I mean...internal dialogue that you phrase in your mind as a status update....for example: "full day of laundry, entertaining kids and food preparation ~ when all I want is a nap!"...or...."Rob Ford, Justin Bieber, Polar Vortex ~ you've got 3 sentences....pick one"....or...."cows, chickens, sheep OH MY"...these little statements were never so nicely presented in my mind prior to facebook ~ the thoughts were there of course...who doesn't have laundry to do?...but I never had to contemplate possibly 'updating' the world about laundry...in a witty, engaging kinda way....  

this just fascinates me and I've always been both amused and befuddled by it when I catch myself summarizing my movements, thoughts or day in a nice, neat, possibly witty little internal status update....with no real intention of updating my status whatsoever of course ~ weird, right?! This is an example of totally reconditioned human behaviour that has developed post-facebook ~ crazy funny little humans...HA! 

now introduce 'blogging' to this internal world of mine ~ WTF?!? Right?! My nice, neat, concise statements are now blowing into short stories, small essays or long diatribes....requiring themes, fluidity, precision beyond the parameters of a few sentences...again..WTF?!?

to blog or not to blog.....that is the question. Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the endless ramblings of ones mind or to sign in to your blog and by prose end them? To blog: to post; to post perchance to engage: ah, there's the rub.

So here I sit....wondering whether or not I need to continue posting blogs of mindless attempts at finding humor in our world...or do I wait for moments to come which inspire creative expression of updates?  What is the etiquette? I've never been a reader of blogs (GASP!)....to be honest I've never had the time...but that leaves me completely naked in a VERY LARGE pool of options. There are no immediate answers only STATS to help me along this path...and between you, me and about 40 chickens, I don't know what the hell these stats mean.....

So bare, or is it bear? (one is naked and the other is an animal.. neither of which seems appropriate..) thanks google, it's 'bear'. So bear with me as I flounder my way through this new terrain. I've decided a dual approach would probably work the best ~ therefore I will resist at least 50% of the time from posting my 'thoughts' and for the most part I'll wait for interesting events to happen....maybe.

This post has been brought to you by...nagging thoughts in the night, a Shakespearean soliloquy, and social media human development at its best.....

and a confused yet euphoric chipmunk.



why? cuz....well....cuz....other than the damn human taking the picture, this is pretty much a chipmunk paradise and why shouldn't we all partake in a chipmunk paradise? Oh...cuz we aren't chipmunks. Whatev'

Till next time....don't forget to hug a farmer.


 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment